Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Reflections: the A to Z challenge

I'm sorry that this comes a bit late. We took a vacation just as the challenge was over. And yes, I had a fabulous time, thank you!

I'm so glad that I did this challenge. It was an eye opener for me, in so many ways.

First of all, it got me out of my inertia to actually do something, have fun doing it and not complain about lack of time. Like I've said before, I have proved it to myself that if I want to really do something, I can! Even at the risk of sounding immodest, I'll say I'm quite proud of myself.

I don't know which part of this was more fun, racking my brains everyday, writing the posts, reading my friends' posts or discovering new blogs. Thanks to the fact that my friends did the challenge with me, it took the fun to another level. And I think it just brought me closer to the friends who took part and then to others who are quietly read and egged me on. And yes, our whatsapp discussions just made sure we kept in touch frequently. And thanks to this whole exercise, I know my friends a little better, they know a little more about me. Even R commented that he didn't know about me, some of the things that I wrote about. I guess along the way it was a path of discovery for myself too.

As some of you may have noticed, in the beginning I only posted at the end of the day but towards the middle of the challenge, I started posting it first thing in the morning. It just helped me instill some discipline into my life again. Also, it made my life a little more exciting. It was something I looked forward to at the end of the day although I'll admit that some days I would loathe having to do anything by the end of the day. But such days were few.

I know all my posts were not the best I could have done and some were better than the others. Still, I am glad I kept going. I started at a slow pace, not sure I liked what I was posting but as I went on, I actually was happy with some of my posts. Most of my posts were random ramblings, mostly about the things going on currently in my life, a lot to do with friends and family. I finally got started with the escapade series and that brought on so much nostalgia. (Yes, I remember. I will finish the series. I promise there is more exciting stuff coming up).

Thanks to all of you for reading and being a part of this journey with me. And more importantly, thanks to all of you who made the effort  to comment. It really kept me going. And it also taught me a lesson, to comment on other people's blogs when I read them. And yes, the traffic at the blog has increased as compared to nothing I had before. It is definitely good to know that someone out there reads and maybe enjoys my posts.

And most of all, I'm glad I'm blogging again. I hope I will continue. I sure as hell will try. I've heard from friends, from my sisters and the five people who read this blog, that they enjoyed it. You know who you are. I want to say thank you for your encouragement. One part of me is happy that it is over and that I don't have to stress about another letter tomorrow. But another part of me is also sad. All that excitement is now gone. I have to find a new project now to look forward to.

I wasn't sure how to deal with the withdrawal symptoms until I realised the simplest solution. To keep blogging!


2 comments:

Mary B said...

Congrats on completing the A to Z Challenge! Looking forward to next year! See you on the Road Trip!

Mary www.JingleJangleJungle.net

Maya said...

Thank you. See you! :)